Bonnie Hays Shelter Is Participating in the "Name Your Own Price" Cat Adoption Special
You can’t put a price on love – so for Friday and Saturday, the Bonnie Hays animal shelter won’t even try. Along with the other shelters in the Animal Shelter Alliance of Portland (Cat Adoption Team, Oregon Humane Society, Multnomah County Animal Services and the Humane Society for Southwest Washington), the Bonnie Hays shelter is featuring a “name your own price” promotion on Friday and Saturday (September 13 and 14).
“We hope people will come to the shelter and see who’s here. It’s a great time to adopt a cat,” says Deborah Wood, manager of Animal Services for Washington County.
All cats at Bonnie Hays have been spayed or neutered, test negative for Feline Leukemia and FIV, are up-to-date on vaccines, and receive a free veterinary exam from local veterinarians.
10 reasons that cats are priceless (and may even save you money on medical bills)!
10. One study showed that people with cats are 30 to 40 percent less likely to die of a heart attack than people who don’t own cats.
9. Some research indicates it is possible that a cat purr is at a frequency that might help strengthen bones.
8. Children who have cats are less likely to develop asthma than children who don’t.
7. Kids who have cats have fewer sick days than children without cats.
6. Cat owners have lower cholesterol – owning a cat may be even more effective than taking cholesterol-lowering medications.
5. Cats improve your immune health.
4. Children who live with cats are less likely to develop allergies than those who don’t.
3. Cat owners have lower blood pressure than non-cat owners.
2. Cats make you laugh. And that reduces stress.
1. You can name your own price on cats and kittens Friday and Saturday at the Bonnie Hays Shelter.
The Bonnie L. Hays Small Animal Shelter of Washington County is located at 1901 SE 24th Avenue in Hillsboro – right on the Tualatin Valley Highway next to Lowe’s and Home Depot. Adoption center hours are 11:00 AM to 5:30 PM Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday and noon to 5:30 PM on Wednesday.