Santa Visits the Animals at Bonnie Hays Animal Shelter
The Bonnie Hays Animal Shelter was full of holiday spirit today when Santa paid a visit to the Bonnie Hays Small Animal Shelter, bringing joy to the cats and dogs who are waiting for forever homes.
Santa knows who is naughty and nice, and he knows there is nothing nicer than shelter dogs and cats. That’s why he brought food and toys to the shelter animals and asked them what they are hoping for this Christmas.
“The real Santa is very busy this time of year, so he asked his assistant, Dr. Scott Loepp (who owns Frontier Veterinary Hospital), to fill in for him. Dr. Santa brought in donations from Frontier Veterinary Hospital’s food drive for our shelter animals and gave treats and toys to the animals. The animals got to tell Dr. Santa what they want for Christmas, and he will be sending that information directly to the North Pole,” says Deborah Wood, Manager of Animal Services.
The shelter hopes this visit from Dr. Santa will inspire lots of people to remember the shelter animals at Bonnie Hays and other shelters this holiday season. “So much of what we do to make the animals comfortable and happy relies on donations,” says Wood. “With all the rain this week literally dampening the holiday spirit, we’re hoping this event reignites the spirit of joy and giving.”
Bonnie Hays Animal Shelter Wish List:
● Cash donations are always helpful! They pay for the shelter’s veterinary and behavior programs.
● Gift cards to pet supply stores so we can purchase items for animals with special needs
● Good Mews brand cat litter
● Soft dog and cat treats: To avoid tummy upsets, we use only Pure Bites Chicken Breast Treats, Lean Treats, and Zuke’s Mini Naturals
● Cat and dog toys that can be easily sanitized. Ping pong balls and plastic balls that rattle or jingle for cats. Kongs, Kong Wobblers, Kibble Nibbles, and Tug-A-Jugs for dogs.
● Scratch & Stretch cat exercisers (to order, go to www.stretchandscratch.com)
● Kuranda beds for dogs and cats. You can donate Kuranda beds at a discount by going to www.kuranda.com/donate/201
● Bonnie Hays Animal Shelter also has an Amazon Wish List. Order items and have them sent directly to the shelter at:http://amzn.com/w/3O962O1PIYLWZ